Managing Schedule Plans
A schedule plan is a map of the shifts that each team
will work over a certain number of legs (the number of days in a shift
pattern). The schedule plan behaves exactly like the Daily
View by Employee, but shift patterns are assigned to teams instead
being assigned to employees.
Schedule plans are then used to generate
a schedule over a number of schedule plan cycles.
To manage a schedule plan:
- Click Schedule and then Schedule Plans
from the Auto Schedule menu option.
- To add a new schedule plan, click
- To edit an existing schedule plan, double-click the desired entry.
Alternatively, you can click an entry and then click .
- To delete an existing schedule plan, click the desired entry and
then click .
Constructing a schedule plan
Before laying out a schedule plan, we want to identify repeatable multi-day
patterns of shifts and build our plan based on those patterns, instead
of individual shifts, to save time and avoid errors.
- Description: A unique description of the schedule
- Shift Pattern Table: The shift pattern table to
use in the schedule plan.
- Legs (Columns): The maximum number of shift patterns
that can be assigned to a team.
- Notes: Any notes for this schedule plan.
Note: The length of each shift pattern and the number of days
in the schedule plan is computed based on the number of legs.
- To assign a shift pattern to a team, select a shift pattern from
the Pattern list and one or more desired cells, then
either click Assign Pattern or drag/drop the shift
pattern into the desired cell(s). Underlined days within a shift pattern
represent off days, and any empty cells will be considered as non-working
Important: You can only assign one shift pattern to a cell.
Note: The total number of working hours for each team is displayed
on the right side of the schedule plan.